CSV file format in Effort
CsvDataLoader component accepts files that follow the traditional CSV format:
- The first row contains the header names
- Comma ( , ) is the separator character
- Double quote ( “ ) is the delimiter character
- Double double quote ( “” ) is used to express a single double quote between delimiters
There are some additional requirements that need to be taken into consideration.
- Numbers and dates are parsed with invariant culture setting.
- Binaries are encoded in base64 format.
- Null values are represented with empty fields without delimiters.
- Empty strings are represented by empty fields with a delimiter.
- Backslash serves as an escape character for backslash and newline characters.
These are all the rules that need to be followed. The following example demonstrates the rules by representing a compatible CSV file.
Sample CSV File
The first line contains the name of the table fields, and the remaining lines represent a data row.